Monday, April 11

invitation design

my wedding invitation

I love to design wedding invitations! They can be really extravagant or fairly simple. There are endless options for invitations. The invitation should say something about the couple and should be the intro to your wedding. To me receiving an invitation in the mail is like receiving a gift and it should feel like you're unwrapping a gift. I'll share more on my theories about invitations later...


surprise! we had hidden pictures behind the band

I've been working on several design projects for clients and the one I'm working on currently is for a Hawaiian themed wedding. Fun right? When we discussed what they wanted they mentioned a 5x7 card, front and back with the reception info on the back, and they liked the idea of having a border that the 4x6 picture they are adding would fit into. Their colors are coral and yellow and the bride mentioned hibiscus flowers, other than that I had total freedom.

Below you can flip through the invites (when you flip to the next page you'll see the front of the invite right next to it's corresponding back). I want to know what you think, which one would you choose if it were your wedding (I definitely know which one I would pick)?




If you or someone you know is interested in custom designed invitations, send me an email! I can work with any budget.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! When I first looked at that, I thought, "Who's Jonathan??" Guess I never thought Jon might have a full name. I like looking at your designing abilities. Please keep showing them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pick the first one. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I like the striped one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em I like the first one or the striped one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Emily Ann I'm SO happy you finally have a blog!

    ReplyDelete